Digital Solutions Hub Newsletter
DSH Newsletter 12th April 2023
What is the Digital Solutions Hub (DSH)
The University of Manchester are leading on the Digital Solutions Hub, on behalf of UKRI’s Natural Environment Research Council (NERC).
- The DSH will provide a gateway to more than 40 petabytes of NERC’s environmental datasets.
- Social, economic, and health data will also be integrated into the system, to make analysis easier.
- The DSH will help users to make informed decisions to address the policy challenges they face.
Workshops Wrap-Up and Results Webinar
Monday 24 April 2023, 2pm-4pm
Thank you to everyone who attended one of our stakeholder engagement workshops. The feedback we received will help us to shape the Hub, as we go forward.
- We visited 12 cities, across the 4 countries of the United Kingdom and spoke to nearly 200 users of environmental data.
- Open Data Manchester, who helped run the workshops, are now analysing the insights you provided to help us map our ‘user personas’ and the features you want to see prioritised on the DSH.
- Join us for a webinar on 24 April, to discover our findings from the workshops, by clicking here.
Meet Professor Richard Kingston, Director of the Digital Solutions Programme
As we progress with the DSH, we want you to get to know our team and our backgrounds. Today we are introducing you to our Director, Professor Richard Kingston.
- Richard is a Professor of Urban Planning and GISC at The University of Manchester and previously worked in planning practice before joining academia.
- He aims to enhance stakeholder involvement and participation in spatial decision making.
- Richard’s research brings together: Public Participation GIS, Spatial Analysis and Data Science, and Smart Cities.
Refer a Friend
We want to reach as many data-users as possible, so please forward this email to colleagues and friends asking them to sign up here, and they too can have early access to the Hub and hear about future events.
Sign up for the DSH Newsletter here.
You are receiving this email because you signed up to receive updates on the Digital Solutions Hub programme. You can unsubscribe from these updates by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.